Mandela effect

Today for my blog I’m going to be talking about Mandela Effects. The Mandela Effects is something that never happened that a big majority of people remember. A big one that I heard of has to do with star wars, many people remember the famous words, ” Luke I am your father.” But in reality the words are ” No, I am your father.”

1. The Monopoly Man
20 Examples Of The Mandela Effect That'll Make You Believe You're In A  Parallel Universe | Mandela effect, Monopoly man, Mandala effect

Many people remember the character from the famous game Monopoly to have a monocle ( Like the one on the left.) I myself thought this too, until last year when I was researching these. Last year I even went as far as searching “Monopoly 1960’s” and a bunch of different decades because I thought maybe just the newer versions he didn’t have one, but the only ones I could find him with one were pictures people made to show this “effect.” A weird thing about this is that you can find costumes online for Halloween of him and they come with a fake monocle.

2. Curious George

20 Examples Of The Mandela Effect That'll Make You Believe You're In A  Parallel Universe | Mandela effect, Parallel universe, Mandela affect

Adults around the world remember Curious George having a tail. They claim to have read books to their kids or watched the show and could swear he had one like the picture on the left. I also thought I remembered having a picture book where he using his tail and he gild across a string or vine (something of the sorts.)

3. Kit Kat

Kit Kat Mandela Effect and Explanation - Mandela Effect

Like me, others remember the Kit Kat logo to have a “-” in-between the Kit and the Kat.

4. Loony Tunes

45 Mandela Effect Examples - What Is The Mandela Effect Definition

This one I actually learned about today. Apparently it has never been “Toons” it’s been “Tunes.” I was very skeptical with this one and thought maybe they decided to change how they spelled it throughout the years. I searched all the way to the 1930’s and it was still spelled “Tunes.” Even in Universal Studios I could of sworn that some things said Toons rather then Tunes. I also thought I remembered “Looney Toons” popping up on the TV when I used to watch it still.

5. Froot Loops

Lot’s of people remember Froot Loops being spelled as “Fruit loops” rather then with two O’s made out of cereal. This is one I don’t remember/think it ever was a thing. All I can remember is is the two O’s, that’s probably the first thing i think of besides the bird.

The Theory Behind The Mandela Effect

The theory behind the Mandela effect is that the world is a system/ we are living in a system. Like a online video game it may sometimes need to reboot if something goes wrong. People believe that when they do this it leaves a glitch in the system. For reference I’ll use the Monopoly man. When they “reboot” the system it changed how something was, for the monopoly man people believe it took away his monocle, and wiped it from even existing, but we still have the memories.

Another theory kind of goes along with the deja vu theory. Some believe there are different universes and when you die you go to a different one that’s similar but not enterally the same. When people remember these things they believe it’s really deja vu from another life and place.

Why is it called the Mandela Effect?

A woman named Fiona Broome, who was a self identified paranormal consultant claimed she remembered the former South African President Nelson Mandela dying in the 1980’s, when he really died in 2013. She claimed to remember news coverage from his death and things his “widowed” wife has said. She went around asking others and a lot of them thought the same thing as her. This is when the “effect” got a name and it stuck.

The link below will bring you to a page to learn more!

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/g28438966/mandela-effect-examples/