My May Long

For my May Long we decided we were going to go to my cabin in Sandy Lake. We went there with Madi and my grandparents but they came in a different vehicles the next day.

In pictures: A tour of the underrated gem that is Sandy Lake | Buzz |  eBrandon - Brandon, Manitoba's Online Community

When we first got there it was past 10 o’clock at night because we left around 6 and it’s almost a 4 hour drive there so we just goofed off in the creepy basement and thought a serial killer was in the bush coming to get us when we were letting my dogs out.

On Saturday we went to Clear lake for a few hours, and my dad threatened to throw us in the lake that still had ice in it. It was also freezing there but for some reason we got ice-cream. They also have this playground in the park with a playground merry go-round so my dad wanted to spin us on that but when we got there we found out they changed it so it can only go so fast so what’s the point in that? We left the park after a little while of looking around we left the park and went back to my cabin. When we got back we also had the smart idea to go on a floaty in the lake ( Sandy Lake) that also has ice in it! Anyways we weren’t really thinking and put on our swimming suits and went into the lake with a unicorn floaty. Long story short we were out within 20 minutes because our feet were numb and there were these little gross shrimp looking things everywhere. Later that day we didn’t know what so we made a board game like the one we played the night before when I was like 8. Anyways it was Pixar themed with amazing stickers.

Sunday morning we slept in until like 11:30 but what not a better way to wake up then go in the lake again… This time we actually stayed on the water for a while because we found a paddle in the garage so we could actually move around on the float. My great Aunt Darla and Uncle Rick were in Brandon for a funeral so they came to the cabin for a few hours before they went to catch their flight back to B.C. While they were talking to my grandparents and parents we asked my mom if we could walk to go get ice-cream. Also note that we have our cabin on the opposite side of the lake and not in sandy lake so it’s like a hour and a half walk but we only thought it would take us that long to walk there and back. But my mom instead said we should probably only walk back because of how it is so she drove us to the golf course and then left us to walk back. We made the wrong choice. My mom had convinced us we would get cold so we changed into pants before we left. Big mistake. We must have looked like to psychos walking down the dirt road laughing our butts off at the most random things. After about a hour of walking my dad can looking for us on the ranger because apparently he was scared we were talking to boys or something. But instead of picking us up and driving us back the rest of the way he just sped by and waved. After another like 40 minutes of walking we finally got back and went straight into the cabin and clasped onto the couch. We stayed there till dinner.

After dinner I think we played hide and seek with Aidan to get rid of him so we hid in a bush but my dad and grandparents came with a vehicle and said he stopped looking and asked if we wanted to go see my cousins. We drove to the other side of the lake and played soccer with them for a while and then left. And watched Tv for a while then we crashed. The next morning we just cleaned and packed up for the long ride home and went.

Hope u enjoyed reading about my boring Long weekend.